Climate change is the greatest challenge facing humanity. It is threatening biodiversity in flora and fauna, will compromise ecosystems and change our way of life.
The average global temperature has already risen 0.74 degrees Celsius in the past 100 years. UN researchers believe it is possible that the global temperature will rise up to 6.4 degrees Celsius by 2100.
What does “climate neutral” mean?
“Climate neutral” is a term used to describe companies, processes or products whose greenhouse emissions are calculated and then offset by purchasing emissions certificates. Climate neutrality means that the object described as being climate neutral, such as a product or a service, will not change the CO2-balance in the atmosphere. So, climate neutral electively means that an object is produced, used and disposed of in an emission-free manner (which seldom happens), or that the greenhouse gas emissions are offset someplace else, thereby neutralizing the negative effect on CO2-balance.
I am an entrepreneur interested in becoming active in climate protection. Where do I start?
There is no procedure to climate protection which is generally binding. However, it has been shown that a good way to start is to take inventory of the emissions you are generating in your business operations. This can be done by calculating the CO2 footprint (also called CO2 balance or greenhouse gas balance). ClimatePartner recommends calculating this CO2 footprint according to the standards of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. You can use the CO2 balance to calculate how much CO2 your business operation is generating. This is the starting point for all considerations involved in reducing CO2 at your company.
How do entrepreneurs benefit from becoming active in climate protection?
- You’ll show that your company and your products are keeping with the times, thereby improving your company’s relative competitiveness.
- You are contributing to climate protection.
- This provides you with an economic basis for your company.
- In an ideal situation, you’ll also be promoting socially commendable objectives.
- You’ll be inspiring those around you with your exemplary contribution.
- This means you’ll be contributing to future generations having the chance to continue living on this planet.
The basis for all individual improvements in climate protection is a company’s CO2 footprint.
Overview of our carbon offset projects and an overview of the positive effects the carbon offset projects have.