Carbon Reduction: Avoiding & Reducing Emissions
Carbon reduction frequently translates into lower costs. Thus, avoiding and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions is of central relevance to global climate protection and to companies alike.ClimatePartner has many years of experience in carbon balancing for companies, products, and services. A carbon balance makes it possible to identify the largest emissions drivers and to implement measures for carbon reduction. The most important fields of action for carbon reduction are broken down into five categories:
- Renewable Energies The use of renewable energies (wind, sun, water, and biomass) in place of fossil sources (coal, oil, gas) can avoid the generation of greenhouse gas emissions. The change to renewable energy sources frequently represents the greatest leverage when it comes to avoiding carbon emissions.
- Energy Efficiency Measures Increasing energy efficiency reduces a company’s energy consumption, thereby lowering greenhouse gas emissions for products and services. This amplifies a company’s capacity to compete and promotes climate protection.
- Process Optimization Optimized processes assure efficient use of resources at a company. This makes it possible to reduce the volume of greenhouse gases generated at a production company through the use of operating supplies. For example, some of our clients utilize the waste heat from their machine park to heat the administration building.
- Sustainable Procurement Whether paper, office articles, office equipment, company cars, or business travel: Today, there are already a great number of products and services out there that are carbon-reduced, or even climate neutral. Companies that hold their supply chains accountable can improve their own carbon balance and make a valuable contribution to climate protection.
- Behavior Modification Each and every one of us posses the ability to make an important contribution to climate production with energy- and resource-conserving behavior in our day-to-day work. Here is but one simple example: In our projects, we help clients to establish car pooling groups to reduce the emissions incurred from travel to work. We’ll be happy to assist you in establishing your own personal reduction goals and measures.