Climate action with every click
"If the Internet were a country, it would have the sixth largest electricity consumption in the world," says an energy expert from Greenpeace. Servers and data centers run around the clock, and every click causes carbon emissions.
Since the website is often the first thing that interested parties or customers consciously look at, a carbon neutral website allows you to show your attitude to climate protection from the outset and credibly underline your climate action strategy.
What does this mean in concrete terms and how can it be implemented?
How does your website become carbon neutral?
- You fill out the order form.
- Based on the annual page impressions of your website, we determine the carbon emissions caused.
- We make sure that the carbon emissions of your website are offset by our carbon offset project in South Africa.
- From this moment on you may use the label "Carbon Neutral Website" and link it to the ID-Tracking, where the compensation is traceable.
- You will also receive a certificate for your commitment.
Carbon offset project in South Africa
For carbon neutral websites, we provide our carbon offset project in South Africa as standard. In this way, we keep the administrative burden low and can offer you the best price for compensation.