Product Carbon Footprint
A life cycle assessment of your product's carbon emissions
Calculating product carbon footprints
ClimatePartner combines more than a decade of consulting experience with easy-to-use software, to help its clients understand the carbon footprint of their products throughout their value chain.
Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) calculations consider the entire life cycle of a given product. This means you would delve into the raw materials that make up your product, how its manufactured, transported, used and disposed of. At ClimatePartner, we carry out a cradle-to-grave or “cradle-to-customer and end of life” analysis depending on the relevance of the usage phase for a product.
A product carbon footprint is relevant to your business if you'd like to understand the impact of individual products you produce: How product design choices can reduce carbon emissions, benchmark individual ingredients and raw materials against one another, and set specific reduction targets based on tangible initiatives.
What can I expect from a product carbon footprint?
- A holistic understanding of your product's impact on global warming
- Identification of emissions hotspots and where your investments can yield the greatest impact
- Ability to offset the unabated emissions by financing climate projects
Why should I choose ClimatePartner?
- Over 15 years of experience partnering with over 5,000 clients in industries ranging from consumer goods and retail to finance, services, and manufacturing
- We have developed an exclusive database of thousands of emission factors, compiled from databases such as Ecoinvent, DEFRA, Agribalyse, etc., as well as its own proprietary data
- Our approach provides both precision and useful insights: accuracy matters to evaluate and track emission reductions so we will always recommend consumption-based accounting over spend-based accounting
- Our methodology follows the GHG Protocol and is closely aligned with ISO 14064/PAS 2060 standards
To see the products and sectors for which we have already calculated PCFs, see some of our client case studies.
We are ready to assist you and are looking forward to hearing from you. Please take a moment to fill out the contact form below.