ClimatePartner's label ‘Carbon neutral’
The ClimatePartner label
Our label guarantees transparency and traceability in climate action.
The logo shows a globe whose atmosphere is protected by our initials, CP. It stands for climate action.
With this label ClimatePartner certifies that a product’s carbon footprint is continuously calculated, reduced and offset.
The category describes what the carbon neutral status refers to. Is it the packaging or the product itself? This ensures transparency and clarity.
ID number and tracking URL
Each carbon offset is given a unique ID number. This number and the associated URL can be used to find out more about the CO2 emissions associated with the business or product, the reduction initiatives in place and the carbon offset project supported.
Optional: QR code
The QR code is linked to the tracking URL, which provides an easy way for consumers to find out more about what sits behind the claim.
71 % of our customers value our label as guidance for consumers.
Source: ClimatePartner Survey, 2020
Carbon neutral company
- Emissions are recorded and accounted for based on the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
- The minimum requirements are:
- All scope 1 emissions are accounted for and offset
- All scope 2 emissions are accounted for and offset
- The following scope 3 emissions are accounted for and offset
- Employee commuting
- Business travel
- Upstream electricity
- Upstream heating/cooling
- Upstream fleet
- Unabated CO2 emissions are offset via recognised carbon offset projects that are certified according to the highest standards such as Gold Standard or Verified Carbon Standard.
- The process confirmed by the label is certified by TÜV Austria.
Carbon neutral product
- Emissions are accounted for based on the GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Standard.
- The minimum requirements are:
- All cradle-to-customer emissions are accounted for and offset.
- All end-of-life emissions are accounted for and offset.
- Unabated CO2 emissions are offset via recognised carbon offset projects which are certified according to the highest standards.
Transparency in communicating emissions
The “Carbon neutral” label needs to be communicated in the appropriate context. Additional descriptions are not part of the label.
The unique ID number on the label creates transparency about the CO2 emissions along with the product life cycle and thus the basis for reductions. Companies that advertise carbon neutrality take it upon themselves to continuously and effectively protect the climate.
In order to guarantee a holistic climate protection strategy, the offsetting of remaining unabated CO2 emissions via certified, international climate protection projects should be used primarily as a supplementary measure to the reduction efforts. Therefore, the possibilities of ID tracking with the presentation of reduction and further climate action measures should also be taken advantage of.
79 % of consumers change their purchasing preferences for sustainability reasons.
Source: Capgemini Research Institute, 2020
You scan the QR code on the label or enter the ID number on our website. You will then be taken to the ID tracking page and see all the relevant information on the carbon offset of the product, company, or service. In addition, you will receive information on the supported climate protection projects, including photos and videos (if available).
40 % of consumers attribute the greatets influence on controlling environmental damage to manufacturers.
Source: GfK, 2019