The introduction of the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) and the European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS) mean that the reporting of non-financial information for companies is changing. Our experts will help you fulfil your disclosure requirements and guide you through the transition to CSRD and ESRS.
What are the CSRD and ESRS?
The CSRD is a European Union directive that will require companies to report on their sustainability performance. The CSRD will apply to over 49,000 companies in the EU.
The ESRS are a set of sustainability reporting standards that are being developed by the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) to support the implementation of the CSRD. The ESRS provide companies with a common framework for reporting on their sustainability performance, making it easier for investors and other stakeholders to compare and assess companies' sustainability performance.
Our Climate Action Insight dives deeper into the CSRD and how it will affect your company.
Our consulting services
ClimatePartner offers a range of consulting services to help companies prepare for and comply with the CSRD and ESRS:
- Training: We provide personalised workshops to provide companies with an in-depth overview of the CSRD and ESRS. The sessions will equip your team with the knowledge to navigate the complex landscape of sustainability reporting.
- Tailored consulting: We assess your company’s individual maturity level on the sustainability transition journey. Based on this assessment, we offer individual consulting that enables you to meet your company’s specific disclosure requirements and guides you through the ESRS.
Your transition plan
ClimatePartner helps you build up a climate action strategy, calculate and manage your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, assess your climate-related risks and opportunities, set science-based targets, and develop a decarbonisation roadmap with set KPIs. Engaging your suppliers is a major element in achieving your transition plan.
As a leading provider for climate action solutions and with over 15 years of experience in helping companies to measure, reduce, and mitigate their emissions, we offer a wide range of services to develop a climate transition plan and thereby fulfil the requirements of ESRS E1: climate change.
- Corporate carbon footprint: We help companies calculate their corporate carbon footprint in accordance with recognised standards, such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol. Our carbon footprint calculations include scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions. For CSRD reporting, all 15 scope 3 categories (as per the GHG Protocol) are taken into account. This provides a comprehensive view of your company’s climate impact.
- Decarbonisation roadmap: We will work with you to create a clear and actionable plan for reducing your carbon emissions. This roadmap outlines the steps and strategies needed to reach your decarbonisation goals. Our decarbonisation roadmaps are tailored to each company's specific circumstances, taking into account the industry, business model, and financial resources.
- Science-based and net zero targets: Establishing science-based targets ensures your efforts align with the latest climate science. We assist in setting ambitious yet achievable near-term and net zero targets for your organisation.
- Climate risks: We help companies assess their climate risks, both physical and transitional, in accordance with recognised standards, such as the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). Our climate risk assessments identify the risks that are most relevant to each company and assess the potential financial and reputational impacts of these risks.
- Scope 3 management and supplier engagement: Managing and reducing scope 3 emissions is often challenging but essential for achieving your climate targets. We help companies to develop and implement scope 3 management and supplier engagement strategies to reduce their indirect GHG emissions, which are often the most significant component of their overall carbon footprint. Assisted by our Network Platform, a cloud-based software solution, you achieve transparency on your suppliers’ climate data and are enabled to support them on their reduction journey.
Reach out today to learn more about our consulting services and how we can help you to fulfil the CSRD and ESRS requirements.